Friday, July 2, 2010

school's out for summer!

Had a great couple of days with Kyle while Darryl was away, and Ryan is still at Creation (he is having a fantastic time there!). Kyle and I took walks, went for cool bike rides, played catch (I love my glove), went swimming, grilled a pizza, and trespassed on some property near our house… haha… Good times. Oh, and did I mention Kyle finally finished his last school book yesterday? woo-hoo! Time to celebrate, baby!


Tonight we had so many laughs we were both practically in tears!! I found some stories and an autobiography that I had written when I was in 8th grade. Back then I had the opportunity to have one of my stories published in Teen Magazine, but I never took the time to do the extra editing. Wow! Kyle really enjoyed me reading them to him, and I thoroughly enjoyed remembering them, and getting a quick peek back into my childhood. As it turns out, I always wanted to be a writer. How funny is that?

Here are some pics of the house we were investigating on our walk yesterday. It's been abandoned for years.




Great bike ride today. No bears.
Tomorrow we are putting up the badminton net.

No comments: