Thursday, July 22, 2010

country living...


We had a really nice time visiting with Mom and Dad, and Scott and Flo. It’s been great to be here. I’m glad we came down when we did, although I do feel a slight bit bad that we aren't at church to help set up for VBS. I'll just have to make up for it somehow.

Country living is great! We've had an abundance of fresh vegetables from Mom's garden, including fresh picked corn, and also fresh eggs from Flo's chickens. Can't beat that! Well, except for maybe if there was a freshly slaughtered cow in the freezer...yeah, I could go for a big steak....smothered in fresh mushrooms. hehe =)

Tomorrow morning we’ll make the drive back to NJ and get back to the real world. Next week: VBS. Then the church picnic, then Ryan’s graduation party, then the Jackals’ game, then Orlando, then my court appearance, then Ocean Grove, then Michigan. Then school starts. Phew! I haven’t even ordered the curriculum yet!

Dinner with Scott and Flo

Scott with his mushrooms

The local TV station is interested in doing a documentary on Scott's mushroom farm. Pretty cool, huh?

No comments: