Friday, July 9, 2010

bittersweet days

We survived a few days of 103-105 temps, even one night when we lost power and had no air conditioning. It was pretty bad. Darryl jumped in the pool in the middle of the night to cool off.

Decided it was too hot to sleep in the tent, so we took it down before the rain comes (maybe today?). We would like to have a nice dry tent for our trip to Wildwood next week. And not only that, but our neighbor has been seeing a bear in her yard. I’m glad we didn’t see one in the night.

Yesterday we had the opportunity to take Tommee Profitt and his band out to dinner. We went to the Greenhouse CafĂ© in Wayne. Had a really nice meal and a great time hanging out with all of them. We’re so glad we got to do it. Looking forward to seeing them again Sunday for morning worship, and their concert Sunday night! Preakness is gonna be rockin’ for God! (Darryl might actually go with us!)
Mike and Kiera

I am especially thankful that Ryan had a chance to talk to Tommee about Grace Bible College before he left for his mission trip early this morning. He is headed to Savannah, Georgia for 10 days! It’s gonna be terrible not having him here! At least part of that time Kyle and I will be away too, so that will make the time go faster. Oh, and I see that there are thunderstorms in the forecast for our camping trip. All I can say is, if I see those dark clouds rolling in I’m getting off the beach asap and heading inside a building somewhere. Did I ever mention that I’m not that fond of being outside when there is lightning?

Father, protect my son, and all the sons and daughters going to Georgia. Bless them and let them be a blessing to others. Bring them all home safely!

No comments: