Saturday, July 17, 2010

A Closer Walk

What a weekend! Where do I begin? It was hot, wet, sandy, salty, windy, fun, tiring and memorable! A nice group of folks from church came out and enjoyed the water park, amusements, and boardwalk at Morey’s Pier in Wildwood. It was a great opportunity to actually meet and talk to people from church that I didn’t know, and to make new “friends”.

Here are some pics that Amy and I took on my IPhone.

the Boardwalk


singing with band

the girls in my tent

worship time

Friday morning fog on our tents

Kyle getting buried in sand


the men

my ride buddy


the fireworks were great, but my pics came out terrible


I got very sick of the sand everywhere….in the tent, in the sleeping bag, on my pillow, stuck to my face, hands, and feet: it was stuck to everything. After a while that gets a bit annoying, and I was tired of feeling sticky and yucky. But the bands (Pocket Full of Rocks and Building 429) were great and I really enjoyed the time of worship. The boardwalk was fun, the rides were cool, some cooler than others, and some made me sick. Some of the water rides I had to skip because I was getting panic attacks about the height. It was really hard to climb down those steps with my legs shaking! But oh well…my fears got the best of me.

I pray that the girls that were with me were blessed and that God would use this weekend in a mighty way. I also pray that many more will be saved as the result of the mission trip that Ryan went on. Can’t wait to hear all about it and post a couple of videos of him.

Signing out for tonight, Totally Exhausted.

No comments: