Wednesday, June 30, 2010

the days are getting shorter...

Here’s a picture from Saturday night when we ran out to get dinner (forgot to post it). We went to a local place called Joseph’s Family Restaurant (never been there). It was kinda creepy because there was not one other person in there. Our meal took so long to arrive that we were wondering if they had to go out shopping for the ingredients. But it sure was a nice break in a busy day!

Ryan left for Creation yesterday. He’ll be gone for 5 days. He’ll be going away again this summer on a missions trip for 10 days. I guess the Lord is gradually preparing me for the day he goes to college. I’m not looking forward to it. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night having a panic attack because he’ll be all the way out in Michigan! What was I thinking?

Had a blast sleeping in the tent last night, except that the ground was hard, my shoulders were hurting, we were on a hill, so I kept sliding down, and it was very cold and we had no extra blankets. But it was GREAT!

Went for a HILLY bike ride with Kyle this morning. Didn’t have any “Rocky moments” but we just missed seeing a bear. We were peddling up a good stretch of the mountain when a van stopped, and the woman inside warned us that there was a bear right up the road. We made a plan that if we saw it we would take a picture and then turn around and peddle down the hill as fast as we could. But we didn’t see it.

Was horrified when I found out that some young girls from our church are going to see Lady Gaga!! What is wrong with parents?!!

I’m trying to do some new cool things to the bulletin this week while the boss is away.

No comments: