Sunday, June 20, 2010

Mid-Atlantic Region Yo-yo contest

Kyle with his awards.

It’s been a crazy weekend. Went to Delaware for the Mid-Atlantic Yoyo Contest. We did stop at The Dining Car on the way down. This place was featured on Food Network. It was good, but I can’t say it was GREAT.

Friday night we went to Yoyo Joe’s for the pre-contest gathering of yoyo club members and special guests. There were some quite well known yoyo hot shots there. Kyle handed out several business cards. I was so proud of him because he wasn’t falling all over the big wigs but instead he took the time to hang with the younger unknown crowd.




Saturday was the competition. It was a very long day, hot and a little boring at times… If I hadn’t had my Iphone with me I think I would have fallen asleep. But the good news is that Kyle did compete in the Sports Ladder and the 1A Novice division and he won both of them. He had never competed before and wasn’t entirely sure where he belonged, so I know that this win will always be tempered with doubts as to whether or not he deserved it. Poor kid. Well, Darryl and I are both very proud of him for getting up there and trying it for first time! It’s not easy to get up on stage and compete with some pretty big champs.

Speaking of champs, here’s a picture with André Boulay of Yo-Yo Expert. Met him once before at the South Street Seaport event 2 summers ago.

He also met JonRob, Miguel Correa, Tyler Severance, and some others.




This was at the end of the day when we were all hot and exhausted. It was a very fun (and tiring) 2 days in Delaware.

No comments: