Thursday, June 17, 2010

Blogging my life away...

Well, let’s see. What is newsworthy?

Ryan decided to run most of the way home from our walk/jog today so he could get a taste of what it might be like in cross country at Grace Bible College if he goes for that. He said it was about as hard as he expected it to be and so it looks like he will need to get out there and do a lot more running. Thinking maybe I could take him to a track, and Kyle and I could go rollerblading. That sounds FUN!

After the walk I took the boys in the basement and started teaching them a few exercises on the gym. Hopefully they will stick with it. While we were doing that, our Honduras neighbor showed up needing a ride to the train station. As usual, I couldn’t understand much of what she was saying, but I did ask her if she could read English, and she said yes. So I gave her a tract.

I decided to go back to the PT since I only had 5 more visits left. Guess I can handle that, and with a good attitude. I need to work hard at getting the shoulder back to normal, and then hopefully I can keep it from locking up again. Be glad when it’s done. Won’t be glad when we get the bill though. Can’t even imagine how much $ this is gonna cost us!!

I have been finding lots of interesting recipes on Kathie’s blog, which is also where I got my recipe for dinner last night. I made this one: Pizza Pasta Bake and everyone loved it. Can’t wait to try more of them. Check it out.

Tomorrow we are heading to Wilmington, Delaware so we’ll be there for the Mid-Atlantic Regional Yo-Yo Contest on Saturday. Kyle won’t be competing under the best conditions because the weather forecast is for 86 degrees and humid, and there’s no air conditioning in the building, just a big fan. The people yo-yoing will have a difficult time doing it with sweaty hands. It’ll be challenging for him to compete for the first time but it’ll be good practice for the one coming up in Orlando this summer.

On the way down we’re stopping in Philadelphia to go to one of the Diners that was showcased on Food Network’s show Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives.

Pet Peeve: Shampoo and conditioner bottles that don’t have the names “SHAMPOO” AND “CONDITIONER” in big enough letters for me to read in the shower without my glasses on!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I officially live in Orlando, though I am up north with family about half the year. Tell me when the Orlando yo-yo contest is and perhaps my hubbie and I can come see it. And meet you and yours.

Linda Vegh said...

hey, it's Thur. August 12, 10am to Sat. August 14, 11pm
at the Rosen Plaza hotel in Orlando.

here is their site: http://worldyoyocontest.com/

maybe we'll see you there :)

Also, you can stop by Kyle's yoyo site at:
http://www.rethinkyoyo.com/