Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Getting strong now!

What a beautiful day! Sunny, blue sky, not muggy. It was the perfect day for a bike ride with the boys. I don’t know how far we went but we did some really good hills. One of them I truly didn’t think I’d make, but when I got near the top, in the lowest possible gear, Ryan and Kyle were up ahead looking back at me…waiting. That last minute or so was painful. Even though I could barely breathe, I shouted to them “ENCOURAGE ME!!” which I guess Ryan was already trying to do, but I couldn’t hear him over the sound of my heaving breathing and groaning! hahaha!! When I finally got to the top and jumped off my bike, my legs were so wobbly…but I had made it, so I started singing the theme song from Rocky! lol It was such a great moment I wished I had had my camera with me to take a picture of the water tower that stood before me like a monument of my achievement.

Ok, rest of the day: Ryan gave a guitar lesson to a guy from church that lasted 3 ½ hours. They had a great time. He's a very good teacher.

I made a big bowl of Gazpacho for dinner because I haven’t had it in years, and was having a major craving for it. And since the Gazpacho is so healthy, we had to have cheesy nachos on the side. hehe

Enjoyed the beautiful weather! Got to spend time in the pool relaxing on a raft and talking to Kyle after he got done with school. What an entertaining young man he is!

Ryan got a message from the guy that holds the Guinness Book of World Records for the highest note sung by a male. Cool. Now he’s meeting with the drama team from church and going water skiing. (He doesn’t know how to water ski!)

Only 4 Days to yoyo competition in Delaware.

No comments: