Tuesday, June 8, 2010

working hard at relaxing

Relaxing doesn’t come naturally to me. I had to force myself to just sit down and not be busy with so many things. Here are the buttermilk pancakes that I helped Kyle make.

We didn’t realize that putting the M&M’s in right away would make the colors run off into these swirly designs, like colorful rainbows.


I thought they were pretty. Darryl said they looked disgusting. I tasted 1 bite and thought they were pretty good. Kyle said after the first one, he didn’t much want the second one. lol oh well. We had fun making them.

I took another break from relaxing to make a pot of yummy, spicy soup that turned out fantastic.

The boys and I had a fun time hanging out on the deck. I even dozed off for a little bit because it was so peaceful out there listening to the birds singing, and the leaves blowing, and there was music playing softly. I rarely ever take a nap unless I’m sick in bed and all drugged up, so that was a very nice treat for me.

We even got to watch the FoodNetwork show that we missed Sunday night, so life is very good.

No comments: