Thursday, June 24, 2010

The electric fly swatter

Here’s a great Father’s Day gift idea. Darryl wasn’t all that thrilled with it, but I thought it was cool. Maybe he wanted a BB gun or something more powerful. Oh well. I suspect he was happy anyway. He’s going to go buy himself a new grill that doesn’t shoot up flames all the time.

The fly swatter works great on the horrid alien crickets that are too sick to hop high. I have fried many of them in the basement. It’s annoying that we’re still getting them because Darryl spent so much time down there cleaning on the day his church was closed for the Grace Gives weekend. I guess Grace gave us a clean basement. hahaha!

Today it’s HOT! Think it got up to 91˚ or so. Now I know that’s nothing to the folks who live in AZ who are used to triple digits, but for me it was hot. And our AC decided to take a break. I didn’t have time to go in the pool, and really, it’s kinda boring going in alone all the time. Unless I’m so tired that all I wanna do is float and drift, but I didn’t have time for that luxury today.

I’m proud of myself! I actually filled out the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) form for GBC!! I had to have Kyle put our tax CD on the Mac to read it and then find all the info that the government requires. I don’t know about anyone else, but I really don’t like giving them all my financial information! It’s not like we will get any breaks from them, but we had to fill it out because Ryan is entitled to some scholarships that he earned, but he can’t get them unless we give them all our $ details. So, now they know everything.

Also started the application process for Kyle to go there! With 2 kids going to Michigan next year, I can’t help wondering what Darryl and I will do. (No, I don’t want to move there.)

Ryan sang us a new song today! It’s so wonderful to hear him sing songs that have come from his heart, and his time spent in God’s word. It sure does bring joy to this mom’s heart!

Tomorrow Darryl and I are going to the Hunterdon Hills Playhouse for supper. Funny thing is, we’re not even seeing a show, just going for dinner with a gang from my highschool. Actually, the main reason we are going is to pick up a tent for the Closer Walk camping trip, otherwise there is no way I would ever spend $35 per dinner!! That’s ridiculous! You know how many pieces of Chicken Francaise I could make for $35?! Ok, well anyway we are planning to have a fun time and hopefully it’ll be the best Chicken Francaise we ever ate!

No comments: