Thursday, April 28, 2011

my heritage

Sometimes a mom just needs to brag about her kids, and rejoice over what God is doing in their lives. I’ve seen their talents grow from infancy, and blossom into personal successes. Now don’t go getting me wrong. I’m not saying “success” is based on fame or fortune, but granted sometimes those things come from achieving excellence.


Ryan has been diligently writing songs, learning to play guitar, taking voice lessons for several years now. I have seen him go from a little 13 year old boy singing one of his first songs called Children of God, to becoming an amazing artist. He has poured countless hours of work and dedication into his passion. His most recent song, “The Writer”, not only received a grade of 100, but more importantly his prof loved it so much that he is going to play it for future classes as an “example of excellent work”. Here’s what he said about it:


Ryan, this is brilliant work; you really play to your musical and lyrical strengths in this project - please continue to do this as you have opportunity in my theology classes in the future. I want you to continue to develop your already excellent talents and abilities. Extraordinarily good work. I loved the lyrics, as well as the way the musical progression matched the text. With your permission I would like to show this project to future classes as an example of excellent work. Well done indeed.

I’m so proud of you, Ryan!! You keep letting the Lord direct your path and you will surely be going in the right direction.

Kyle has been working hard for almost 2 years now. When I say working hard, I’m not exaggerating. I have seen him spend hours, days, weeks learning new techniques, making videos, making a website, perfecting his tutorials. Not only does he do all things with 100% of his effort, but he has always conducted himself with the utmost professionalism. He has become a light to the national yoyo community by contributing high quality teaching videos, and by taking every opportunity to spread the good news of Jesus Christ.

Recently he discovered that someone had “stolen” 50 of his tutorials and sold them to a company in New Zealand for about $30.00 each. It goes without saying that we were all pretty upset about it. But Kyle contacted the company, and through a series of emails back and forth, he was able to not only recover the 50 videos, but he also was awarded over $1,000 for them, along with an agreement to sell all of his tutorials, including future ones for the same price.

I’m so proud of you, Kyle!! God is pleased and honored by your life and service to Him. Keep building your company with integrity and see where He takes you.

The Bible says that “Bad company corrupts good character” and that is probably nowhere more evident than in public schools. Thank you, God, that I was able to homeschool my sons. Thank you, that I was able to invest my time into their lives, and see them gain the incentive to pursue their passions. Thank you, God, for lending these boys to me, and for giving them talents and the desire to use them for good.


Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him.
Psalm 127:3

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww! I love that picture!!! What cuties. :D (yes, that means you too, Mrs. Vegh!!) ;D

Your family is so lovely and wonderful! I can't wait to meet you all!!!

Much Love,
Hannah
xoxoxoxox

Linda Vegh said...

Thanks Hannah! I love looking at pictures of the boys when they were little. Every day of their lives are precious to me!
<3