Tuesday, April 5, 2011

great balls o cheese

caramel and raspberry cheesecake balls
there's also chocolate there but I didn't cut one open
I tried taking frozen cheesecake and making them into balls. My plan was to dip them in chocolate. Haha… Don’t ever try it!! Trust me on this. Unless you want a 2 day stressful adventure just skip this one. The balls melted, got mushy, stuck to my hands, stuck to the wax paper. I got them back in the freezer but they turned out being globs of cheesecake rather than nicely formed balls. Then today I started the “easy” part. Got the chocolate all melted and ready for dipping and then the tricky part was ...oh wait, I’ll bet you can figure this out. Hot melted chocolate meets frozen cheesecake balls. Do you see a problem here? They kept thawing out just as the chocolate got to the right temperature. I had to keep refreezing them...oh my, what a disaster. But I stuck it out to the bitter end. Kitchen was destroyed by chocolate. My feet are ready to explode. I have 2 trays of badly shaped cheesecake thingys. But you know what? They taste positively AMAZING!!! I will keep them in the freezer until Friday for the mission meeting.

I’m hoping to make some carrot cake balls to go with them but I won’t be able to do that until Thursday because Kyle and I will be at church and small group for about 12 hours tomorrow, if we last that long. We will need to bring lunch AND supper with us I guess.

During the cheesecake fiasco, I was slow-cooking a flank steak for some awesome enchiladas. Darryl said dinner was a grand slam. Wow, best enchiladas ever! Now I am deliciously satisfied and I have my feet up recuperating for a long day tomorrow. It’s a good time to read a recipe book.

Oh yeah, we got a new treadmill today! This was NOT Darryl’s birthday present, it just happened to come around the same time. Can’t wait to try it out on Thursday!! Darryl has to assemble it.

‎1 Tim. 4:8 For bodily exercise profits a little, but godliness is profitable for all things, having promise of the life that now is and of that which is to come.

No comments: