Thursday, April 14, 2011

Life in my parallel universe

Kyle and I prepared a perfect little parallel parking practice place for him. Try saying that out loud. Hehe I think he did quite splendidly! I made him keep doing it until his arms got tired.



I can’t stop thinking about Dana lately, especially since I found out she has contacted other family members about having the baby. Nice slap in the face. So many scriptures come to mind. I’m trying to find something to latch onto to give me peace. Jesus said He didn’t come to bring peace, but division. His name alone will cause families to divide; spiritually first, and then physically I suppose.

Charles Baker had this to say about it:
Spiritual ties can bind people more closely together than physical ties. In fact, many times believers find their natural relations antagonistic to spiritual things. Jesus Himself experienced this, for we read: "Neither did His brethren believe in Him." In fact, Jesus predicted that because of His being rejected by Israel, instead of bringing peace to the world, He would bring division...

Matthew 10:34 “Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword. 35 For I have come to ‘set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law’; 36 and ‘a man’s enemies will be those of his own household.’

But He also said to pray for our enemies.

Matthew 5:44 But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you...

I’m so torn, so tired, so hurt, and confused. Part of me is saying, “Forgive.” Another part of me is shaking the dust off my sneakers, and washing my hands of the whole dramatic mess. Part of me feels sorry for her because she has no idea what she is doing. The other part says that even without the Lord in her life, she knows full well what she is doing. I’m sure I have yet to go through realms of emotions that I’ve never felt before. This is another journey in my life, one with no known ending, one that changes from moment to moment.

God, thank you for the joy you’ve given me in the midst of my pain. I rejoice in your mercy and grace.

No comments: