Wednesday, April 6, 2011

home of pandamania

Kyle Vegh



Today Kyle and I spent the day at church but decided not to stay late for the small group. I’m glad we came home when we did because I was getting too tired without having any coffee. We also didn’t have internet for a long time so Kyle talked me into going in the yard to play. We went down by the little brook and saw a snake. Then we walked across the street into this magical bamboo jungle. It was like being in a rain forest or something. It was so cool!! I wanted to take a baby bamboo plant home with me but I couldn’t dig one out. They are very much stuck in the ground. I did find a nice clay pot to bring home though. I’ll plant something else in it. We had a great time on our adventure!

I noticed on Facebook today that Dana had her son. My prayer is that she and her baby come to know Jesus as their Savior one day before it’s too late. Nothing else really matters that much if they have no hope of eternal life. Whether or not we have money, or possessions, or a job, or family or friends, it all seems meaningless if this world and this lifetime is all we have. What is a life but a fleeting moment in time, here today and gone tomorrow?

Mark 8:36 For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?

No comments: