Monday, August 15, 2011

the last shall be first

Ethnicity

Today we hung out at church all day. The boys practiced the concert. It’s gonna be great!! I pity the poor fool who misses it. Hehehe...I got all the filing done, and some CBC stuff, and cleaned the bathrooms.
the morning after we slept on the deck for the last time (probably) this summer.

We have been counting down their “lasts” before they head to college:
Last Gen Y, last time taking garbage out, last batch of granola, last curry chicken, last roast beef, last time sleeping outside...and more to come this week. Everything is making me sad. I thought I would be happy about not having to take them to church on Sunday nights, but now I’m feeling like I’ll be lost on Sunday nights. Like, what do I do now? Just sit home?

Last night I stayed with Ben and Isaac. Well, not really with Isaac because he was asleep. Here’s a cute pic of Ben before he fell asleep on my lap (wearing cool light-up glasses).


Maybe I should get a job when the kids leave.

But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first.
Matthew 19:30

No comments: