Saturday, August 27, 2011

Kyle Vegh goes to Grace Bible College

This wasn't exactly one of my better days. We had to take Kyle to college and leave him there. It was positively dreadful. I cried. I know, I know, he has to go. He has to experience this, grow, become independent, meet friends. Yep, I know all of it. But nobody can make my heart feel any better. Ugh...I can't believe I won't see him until...????...Thanksgiving?
We got stuff moved into his room, but he will still have to do a lot of rearranging when he gets back from Grace Adventures next week.
I left him a very meaningful note on his white board before I left. hehe...

LOTS OF HUGS!

Lots of tears.
After we left, Kyle went to play volley ball. So, that was good.
Later on, Ryan got me to smile.

Not looking forward to tomorrow and the next day, and the next week, the next month....

So, there is a huge hurricane (Irene) moving towards our house. We got an emergency phone call from our township about the severe weather and damage possibility. We have lived there since 1993 and never got a phone call like that before. Oh, I forgot to mention, there was an earthquake there last week too. So weird. We aren't there when all this stuff happens. We had to call someone to go to our house to secure our outdoor items, things on our deck, so they wouldn't blow away. I feel bad for people near our church who may be evacuated because of flooding.

So depressed....I actually had my first big splurge with junk food. Now I feel sick. I need to get back on my rebounder. I need to get my emotions fixed.

God, be with Kyle! Keep his heart happy and peaceful.

No comments: