Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Fragile - Handle with care

This is my favorite song today.



Been doing a lot of thinking lately. Wondering things. Imagining things. So much going on in my head right now that I am unable to get a good night's sleep. It's not that I'm upset or worried, it's just that I can't even see what my life is going to look like in another couple of weeks. On one hand I am terrified of how things might be with both boys away from home. And on the other hand I welcome a new challenge and chapter in my life. I know that eventually everything will be alright. But for now, I guess there will be a lot of thinking in the middle of the night and a lot of weird emotions that I never had to deal with before.

No doubt about it though, parents who put their kids in public school don't go through this awful pain of separation because they are used to the kids being gone all the time. Not me. I'm used to my kids being here 24/7 for all these years. It's been such an incredible blessing to share their younger years with them and to become the close family that we are today.

Did I say I wasn't worried? Hmmm, maybe I better rethink that. I'm definitely concerned about how Kyle and I are going to handle these changes. I know that in time Kyle will totally love his new life. It may be the first time in his life that he will have friends to hang out with. He needs that. He needs people in his life that love and care about him. So for that I am happy he is going.

So many things to think about....
Matthew 6:34
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow,
for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

No comments: