Thursday, December 16, 2010

who's training up your kids?

These are some of Kyle's recent picks.

This is a song that reminds me of our long drive to church each Sunday morning because it plays on the radio and we sing along: You Alone



Kyle gave me this one yesterday morning because he knew I had been dreadfully depressed the night before: Fingerprints of God



And this was my song for today, which he picked out after we got off Skype: Back to You



That gets you up to date till tomorrow morning. I love seeing what Kyle picks out for me. I know that his songs always reflect something that he sees in me, or what I’m going through. He’s so amazing that he would take the time to do this every day just to encourage me while they are gone. It is a wonderful thing to know that your child loves you.

Psalm 127:3 Children are a heritage from the LORD, offspring a reward from him.

On the other hand, a foolish child is enough to crush your spirit.

Proverbs 17: 21 To have a fool for a child brings grief;
there is no joy for the parent of a godless fool.

I’m pretty sure that “godless fool” here is referring to a non-believing child. All I can say is be careful how you raise your kids. Be careful who you entrust their education to. Be careful who you allow to babysit them. And be careful who you allow them to be friends with. It DOES make a difference - the difference between having a loving, caring, compassionate, godly child with wisdom, or a godless fool. You choose.

You can either train them up in the way of the Lord, or you can pawn them off on someone else to influence them. But remember YOU are accountable to the Lord for how you raise up these precious gifts He gave you.

Here's the next verse:

Proverbs 17: 22 A cheerful heart is good medicine,
but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.

OK, I’m done preaching….for now.

No comments: