Monday, December 13, 2010

Where's the Line to See Jesus?



My day is good when Kyle sends me a song!! I don’t know how he’s gonna keep it up for another week!

Giants and Vikings are playing in Detroit. Too bad I’m not there (tickets went in 90 minutes!). It looks like a blast! Instead I did a little bit of shopping and then spent the rest of the morning in the dentist’s chair. I really hate shopping (loathe the dentist visit), so you can see why Detroit looks good. Although, as Darryl reminded me, I might go nuts being in a hotel room for a week!

And speaking of shopping, I think that is one of the reasons I’m not that fond of Christmas. It is so STRESSFUL to have to think of things to buy. Seems like such a waste of time and money to have to buy something just because our society says we have to. I wish we had raised our kids a bit differently and not gotten so sucked into the whole gift-giving thing. What we (society) buy is more important than celebrating the birth of our Savior. Sometimes it seems like Christ’s birth is just there in the background somewhere… like “oh let’s not forget why we are buying gifts for each other.” Hmmm, feels backwards to me. I heard a song today about kids waiting to see Santa. One line in the song caught my attention. It was “where's the line to see Jesus?” I loved that. We see parents lining up their kids to see the one who supposedly brings them presents, but no one seeking the One who died for them.

Hope to get the lease figured out sometime this week. It would sure be nice to get some monthly income on the house while it’s on the market. It would REALLY be nice to see it sold! We are trusting God with it.

Colossians 3:15 Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.


Ok, here's a bonus video. (about the song)

2 comments:

Santa said...

you never liked me, you naughty girl

Kyle said...

quiet Santa, you don't exist :P