Saturday, December 18, 2010

Are you FIREPROOF?

I didn’t intend to spend the better part of the day in the kitchen, but that’s exactly what ended up happening. I won’t bore you with details. Let’s just say I was on my feet all day slaving over the stove… hahaha… nope, not over the stove, over the counter, making this Strawberry and Chocolate Jiggly-Fluff Pie for the church Christmas Program tomorrow night.

I sure hope it’s amazing after all the time I spent making it!!

And plus I salvaged my dinner from last night that I had tossed in the garage last night. I put it in my crock pot and turned it into Chicken Paprikash with dumplings. Not too bad! Think I’ll call Sears tomorrow and see how much it’s gonna cost me to get my stove top replaced.

And speaking of fire damage, here’s the song Kyle, Ryan, and Jon picked out for me. Truthfully, I didn’t get the meaning attached to it right away.


The fire yesterday sure served to remind me how quickly things can turn into disasters. We don’t know how many days we have on this earth. We are not promised tomorrow…

James 4:13 Now listen, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money.” 14 Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. 15 Instead, you ought to say, “If it is the Lord’s will, we will live and do this or that.”

Before your life is over, be sure you know where you are spending eternity. Are you FIREPROOF?

No comments: