Tuesday, December 21, 2010

let there be a red sky tonight

Hug deprivation can really do a number on your head AND heart…especially during a full moon. I guess this is what it will be like after Kyle goes to college. Not so pleasant. I guess I will have to get another life when that time comes, something to keep me busy. I guess I already knew that, but these past 13 days were a real eye opener to me. Never realized how weird the house would be when it’s just me here. Although, there are some advantages; like never having to shut the door when I take a shower, or get dressed, or go to the bathroom. Or just talking to myself all the time and not having to worry about being overheard. Or crying my eyes out in my sorrow and not having anyone to see me wallow in my pitiful state. But still, I miss the voices, and the silliness, and the HUGS. I love hugs.

I can really understand how the elderly, or the single person, can suffer from bouts of depression and loneliness. It is hard to maintain a good and healthy attitude, and perspective, without having people in your life that you can talk to or visit with regularly. Just being alone for like 2 weeks was enough to give me a taste of that lonely life. This is why God said it is not good for man to be alone. We were made to be with others, to fellowship, and comfort, and help each other.

On to other news, the Christmas program at church was wonderful. Pastor Karl did an amazing job like he does every year! And Kyle’s black light really made the time machine look mysterious. It was great. I also got a HUGE surprise when the church board recognized me for the work I do. I never want to get my praise from man, but I have to tell you, the appreciation that was shown to me was in itself greatly appreciated! I don’t think most people even know what I do there, so it did make me feel good to know that the board appreciates me.

Here is the song Kyle gave me this morning. I am hoping for a red sky tonight. This is my last night home alone. It will be wonderful to have my boys back. That is, it will be wonderful for ME, but I fear they will be missing the fun and good times in Michigan.



"Cover me with the red sky tonight, the promise of a better day to come. Sing over me an angelic symphony. Tell me everything will be alright with the red sky tonight"

And just for the record, I had to give Jiggly-Fluff the thumbs down. Not my fave. I'm glad others liked it though!

1 comment:

Kyle said...

we always miss our cousins and relatives after coming back from MI, but there's nothing like being home. it was definitely time to come home.