Saturday, October 2, 2010

The End of an Era








Goodbye pool! You were the best use of $600 ever. So much fun was had in you. I will always have fond memories of you.

Yep, the good ol’ pool met its demise today. I am remembering so many years of great fun with the boys, and their friends and cousins. Can’t believe it lasted this whole summer since it was so rusty it just fell apart the other day. And we have already replaced it with another very similar pool for next summer (bigger and better but cheaper, how could you go wrong?). So weird to think that next summer is the last that Kyle will be here. We have been sleeping in the living room this week. Maybe it’s my rebelliousness, or my childishness, I don’t know, but I am enjoying sleeping on the couch.

I feel like I have to hang out with Kyle as much as possible now because once he’s gone to college, I will be a complete and utter basket case. I try not to think about those days, but I know they are looming. I know how sad I was when Ryan left, but at least I had one more kid at home. It is the worst feeling to know they will BOTH be out soon. What will I do? Should I get a job so I don’t have to stay home without them? Man, so much to think about. I just hope that God helps me to stay calm because I fall apart just thinking of them not being here.

This week I heard a woman say, “When I have kids I won’t be able to wait for them to go to school.”

I said, “That’s a terrible thing to say.”

People like that should not be allowed to have kids!

My kids are the best thing I ever did!

When everything falls apart You’re the only hope for this heart…

No comments: