Thursday, October 14, 2010

Try or Dismiss

Things don’t always work out the way we plan, but that’s ok. Kyle was too sick to hang out at church all day, so we stayed home and did the Bible lesson and went in late to set up CBC. Everything went great! We had no piano, BUT WE HAD KYLE! He managed to strum out a couple songs for us. That was a lot of fun. We probably all sounded terrible but it didn’t matter! I think the kids enjoyed it. By the time we got the church cleaned up and got in the car to drive home, I was feeling awful! So now Kyle and I are both sick.

What better way to spend the morning than to sit in court? The prosecutor again offered me a sweet deal if I would just plead guilty to a lesser charge and receive only 2 points on my license. I again declined his generosity and thanked him for it. He thought I was crazy and tried to intimidate me. I told him I’m not guilty. After 3 ½ hours we finally got called to go before the judge. We were the last ones! The prosecutor said he had put 2 calls in to the police officer but the officer was busy and couldn’t show up, for the third time! Since the judge told me last time that this was a “Try or Dismiss” court date, he had to dismiss it. It was amazing! I’m still kinda shocked! I didn’t have to say anything except “yes” and “thank you”. But when I got outside I shouted, “THANK YOU GOD!” I’m so glad I didn’t plead guilty to something I didn’t do. I’m so glad I didn’t pay a lawyer!


Spent another hour sitting in the dentist’s office. Decided to wait a couple more weeks to see how things go.

Me and kyle are gonna just veg tonight; cough, sneeze, blow our noses, and feel terrible!

No comments: