Friday, October 29, 2010

Goldilocks needs a new bed

Here’s my first grandchild. The new mom is doing very well, except for the stress over losing the sale of the home. Found out today that the buyers backed out, so now we are back to ground zero, with an added list of jobs to be done, including a new roof. Not exactly the outcome we hoped for.

Things don’t always work out the way we want. Life is jam-packed with disappointments, isn’t it? Just goes to show we can’t ever get our hearts set on anything. Because just when we do, and we think we are close, it just disappears before our eyes.

I tried sleeping in my bed last night and had a terrible night’s sleep, and even woke up with a sore shoulder, so today we went out and tried some new mattresses. I can’t believe how incredibly expensive they are!! Whoah! Sticker shock. We didn’t purchase anything yet, but think we are close to deciding. So I guess I’ll stay on the couch for a while longer. I have such a great husband. He wants to buy me any mattress I want. He takes such good care of me.

Yesterday Kyle and I walked/ran to Staples to get a new remote for church. We climbed down the side of a mountain and I slipped into a hole. I was so glad I didn’t break or sprain anything!! But my legs got a good workout and are even a bit sore today. Maybe I should do that more often!

Ryan is at his cousin’s house this weekend visiting. Hope he has a great time there! He’ll be home in a few weeks for Thanksgiving. It will be awesome to have him here for a week!

Planning a trip to NY shouldn’t be that hard, but it seems that we will never get there. Thought it would be fun to take the train, but then we will have to spend like 3 hours just sitting and doing nothing, so that might not be the best thing. I hate sitting and doing nothing!!! (my husband thinks I’m ADD because I cannot sit still) And then there is the whole “unknown” element of going there. We don’t know how to get around, how to do the subways, or how to find our way around. What we really need is a tour guide!!

Sometimes we need to step back and take a look at our lives. See where we are. How did we get here? Why did we go this way? Was it the right way, or did we go the wrong way for the wrong reasons? Maybe I think too much, but how else can I figure anything out? Thinking is not the same as worrying.

Matthew 6: 34 "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

Yep, it sure does.

No comments: