Wednesday, July 29, 2015

turn your eyes upon Jesus

[edited]

I'm working on a lot of songs lately, but today this one just kept stirring in me.  I've had this chorus stuck in my head ever since the Tommee Profitt concert.  Knew I had to get it out of my system.  So I looked up the chords and then combined it with another chorus....just because I can.  I'm not sure how we can literally "look full in His wonderful face", but I guess we are just supposed to imagine what that would be like.  I honestly can't imagine!  What could we possibly feel standing before our Savior?  I think I'd feel completely overwhelmed.  But the lesson I'm trying to learn is that if we DO focus on Christ, everything else becomes minimal.

Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus- Grace, Grace


Only a few more days and then we are headed to Michigan!  Seems like a long time since we've been at our new house.  I'm glad we can go and spend some time there.  We plan on doing some work on the house, making some repairs and whatnot.   We also have a couple of parties to attend.   Looking forward to meeting our new neighbors.


This is the first recording I did without the additional chorus inserted in.  Not sure which one I like better so I'm posting them both.  Ryan gave me some pointers, so I might be doing it over anyway.

Turn Your Eyes

No comments: