Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Christ be all around me as I wonder forever...

Yesterday morning I heard this song for the first time, and it touched me so much, it nearly brought me to tears. I knew I had to sing it.  It was written by Leeland, and co-written with All Sons and Daughters.  Well, this is my first attempt of "learning" it. I think it would make a nice praise song for church...I see some churches are using it.

I know... I had the crazy camera standing up instead of laying down...I don't know what I was thinking!  I really miss my mic, my music stand, and my recording equipment!  Everything is sitting in my music room in Michigan.  Using my phone doesn't give the best results.  Darryl said the recordings never sound as nice as live!!  Thanks Darryl!

Christ Be All Around Me


The next one is another Leeland song that I really like.  Obviously, I'm only learning songs that I like, since I'm not on any worship team.  However, some of the songs I'm learning are likely going to be incorporated into Frontline's song list.

I Wonder


I tried singing this one, Forever...probably a little high for me, but I gave it my best shot in the key I was working with.

Forever


Today I'm going to work on learning 2 more songs that are being sung, or will soon be sung at Frontline. I'll leave you guessing as to what songs they are!  I also need to get back to doing "remakes" of old ones I've done before.  Come on, toughen up little fingers!

It was quite nice doing these without hammering in the background... *wink *wink

No comments: