Friday, July 24, 2015

Everst VBS...come and gone

me and Jadyn

It was so sad saying goodbye to her

my group at snacks

VBS ended today.  I struggled to go this week.  I almost decided not to.  I'm glad I stayed on the high road though.   Felt utterly weird, lonely and crappy being there without Ryan and Kyle.

Here are some things we learned:

God has the power to provide. (2 Corinthians 9:8)
God has the power to comfort.  (2 Corinthians 1:4)
God has the power to heal.  (Psalm 147:3)
God has the power to forgive.  (Nehemiah 9:17)
God has the power to love us forever.  (John 3:15)

It went pretty well.  A lot of children said they trusted Jesus as their Savior.  I'm glad I was there to help them learn.  This was a good age group.  I don't do so well with the younger kids, especially the very disruptive ones.

My biggest challenge for this week, and possibly in the coming weeks is trying to make my heart forgive.

No comments: