Thursday, September 1, 2011

getting ready for a Carnival Cruise

I made granola bars today. Pretty cool, huh? I also made a new batch of beef jerky. I'm not sending any of these yummy treats to Michigan for my kids. Nope, they are all for me. I don't want to be at the mercy of the cruise line to have nice healthy snacks. I'm "worried" that they will just have a lot of terrible chocolate desserts and things that would ruin me!! I've lost quite a bit of weight and I'm not going to go back there. (Can't anyway, I got rid of all my clothes!!)

So, tomorrow I'm packing. Finally!! Can't believe tomorrow is our last day here. Probably won't have too much internet access out there in the middle of the ocean. We'll see.

With all the exciting weather happening lately, I'm a little "worried" about getting hit with a hurricane while we're at sea. Well, I'm sure it can't be worse than the last time when everybody was hitting the walls, throwing up, falling down.



2 comments:

Kyle V. said...

those granola bars look pretty good... how do they taste?! keep up with that healthy eating!! yeahhhhh! hope you're enjoying the cruise!

Linda Vegh said...

hehe...the granola bars were a good consistency but I need to adjust the recipe to get rid of the flax seed...I will send you some soon.