Wednesday, September 14, 2011

the good samaritan

My new shirt and hat. When the lady gave me the hat (on the second day), she said to me, "You can't buy this hat. No amount of money will pay for it. You have to earn it. And you already did."

hehe... I really liked that. I wore that hat and shirt proudly.

My second day working for Samaritan's Purse was just as exhausting as the first, but I sure slept well! On the first day I did a little first aid on a guy named Jack. He handed me his knife and had me cut a nice splinter out of his hand. yeeeesh! Yesterday he told me it was doing just fine! I was a bit sad that I wasn't there at the end of the day yesterday when the Bible was presented to the home owner (at least I think it was), but I did get to sign it and give her a big hug! Tonight at church we are serving dinner to all the volunteers who are in Wayne. It should be really fun!

“Go and do likewise.”

No comments: