Thursday, September 22, 2011

FAIL

Yeah, that is what the devil would have me believe. I was buying it for a while, but no more. I’m not a failure. And if I rub people the wrong way just because I’m excited to serve God and by being a hard worker, I would have to question their motives for saying so. Seriously, this is nothing new for me. Back when I was working full time, I had people come up to me and tell me, “Don’t work so hard. Don’t work so fast. Don’t make us look bad.” I’ve had bosses who stopped giving me work to do because I did it better than they did, and they were worried about their positions. People hate me for doing my best because they rather sit there and read magazines or do their nails or talk on the phone. People want to get away with doing the minimum they have to do and then complain about it. Well, guess what. I’m sick of. I WAS excited to work hard, to work efficiently. If someone has a problem with that, then they can get off your own lazy rear ends and do it themselves. They are not going to steal my joy. They are not going to pull me down. They are not going to make me stop serving or stop working hard. If people choose to go behind my back and complain about my enthusiasm and energy, or if my work ethic offends them, tough! Monday I worked for Samaritan’s Purse. I loved the challenge of the difficult work and I wasn’t worried, nervous, or anxious about anything. Those who worked with me appreciated me. No one complained. I got nothing but compliments. My leaders loved me. Tuesday I cut my finger pretty bad when I had a crowbar/hammer accident. So I had to leave the job site. It really bummed me out. Later, my pastor took a bunch of us to some falls in the afternoon and that was pretty stinking cool. Wednesday I had ladies Bible class. Then I went out to lunch with my new friend, Peter. Later in the evening I had a very nice dinner at church. I finished the day babysitting for my little buddies, Isaac and Ben. I thoroughly enjoyed all the activity and running around being busy. I enjoyed living in Wayne! Here's the diner Peter and I went to.
This morning I came home. I was very sad that I had to leave and that I couldn’t finish out my week there. But it's ok. My life will go back to normal now.
If anyone will not work, neither shall he eat. 2 Thessalonians 3:10
Lord, lead me. I am a willing vessel. Use me where You see fit.

No comments: