Monday, July 4, 2011

Venice Beach “Another day in Paradise”

Ok, so today we went to Horseshoe Lake and actually roller-bladed all the way around the track!! Woo-hoo!! I can’t believe I didn’t fall once! But I was scared. It took me a while to get a good comfortable rhythm going. Sometimes I’d be going along ok and then bam, I’d lose my balance. I think the boys did great though! Found out later that it was 1.63 miles. Can’t wait to go there again!



After that we spent the day on our wonderful deck working out, and in the pool cooling off and relaxing. Darryl said he felt like he was at Venice Beach with all of us working out! I think he enjoyed watching because he had worked so hard while we were skating.

We cooked ribeyes and chicken on the grill. I made a nice homemade salad dressing and a plum and ginger barbecue sauce. It was definitely not your run of the mill barbeque sauce! What a great Independence Day we had. Everyone’s all tuckered out, which is a good thing because we are sleeping outside tonight!

No comments: