Thursday, July 14, 2011

slime time live and other kitchen creations

VBS is going great! A few kids in our group asked Jesus to be their Savior today! Hallelujah!!

Tomorrow is our last day and the day that two leaders will get slimed. I was asked to make slime and I had no idea how to do it, so I sent my kids to google to find me a recipe. Here's how my slime looked when I first started making it. Very slimy!!

(click for a closer grosser view)
Here’s how it looked after I added the green food color. Pretty gross, huh?

While all that was going on I made a couple jars of almond butter. It’s really like peanut butter, but since I can’t eat peanuts (or at least I shouldn’t because I’m O blood type) I started making this amazing almond butter.
I threw in a handful of walnuts and flax seeds too. The seeds make it a bit crunchy, and I added the smallest amount of flax oil.
Here’s how it looks when it’s done. It's so good when it comes out warm!

I also made some beef jerky from a flank steak I had. It was very time consuming but it sure is delicious!! Can’t wait to try another batch and method. (will use ground meat next time)
Such a fun afternoon of experimenting in my kitchen.

No comments: