Tuesday, August 3, 2010

party prep

Kyle and I worked hard today! My back hurts from weeding and digging and lugging around heavy stuff. I was so tired today that I had to force myself to make supper!

We ripped up almost the entire walkway and put it back down again because it was all messed up. We planted flowers and tried to make the place look like somebody cares. It’s been a long time since I had any flowers in that area because of those stupid viney things that took over the whole thing. We had to finally use weed killer on them to get rid of them. Of course they are still in the other flower bed that they took over. I will have to have Darryl kill them after the party so we can start all over again with planting nice stuff in that space. I have so regretted planting those things because they are super aggressive and it’s almost impossible to get rid of them. You can’t dig them out (Darryl tried) because their roots are like 3 feet deep!! So, after the party, out comes the weed killer again.

Here’s a picture of the awesome ice cream cake we were making. It’s made out of ice cream sandwiches and some nice ooey gooey chocolate stuff and Oreos. Can’t wait to see how it tastes. (I will have to get a picture of the finished product when it is done)

We also made this fabulous Cracker Candy that Jennifer Nicols gave us the recipe for. It was fun making it! And really fun eating it.

No comments: