Thursday, August 19, 2010

Kangaroo Court

We had so much fun today sitting in court for 3 ½ hours waiting for our case to be heard. The prosecutor was the biggest jerk ever! So stinking arrogant! He was trying to intimidate me into pleading guilty of a lesser charge that only carries 2 points instead of 4. I told him I didn’t do anything wrong. So, he’s like, “Oh, you better get an attorney.” I told him I read the statute and I don’t need an attorney, and he gets all snippy and asks me if I’m ready for a trial. Man, they treat you like you are murderers. It was unbelievable. For crying out loud, it was an Improper Passing ticket! I didn’t run anybody off the road or kill anyone!

Darryl found out when he went to speak to a lawyer (the lawyer wants 1,500$) that the fine will be 140$ plus another 250$ for fees, AND whatever the judge throws in at his discretion. That whole legal system was a joke and a scam. It is probably their greatest revenue-making business in Denville. Seriously… The prosecutor made us sit there till 12:30 before he’d let us go, and I had knots in my stomach the whole time. After awhile I started looking at him and realized he is just a pathetic human that needs Jesus so I started praying for him.

I have to go back again when they issue me another court date so that it gives the kind and law-abiding police officer a chance to show up.

So after that little adventure I had plenty of work to do. Getting stuff done for church, getting Ryan ready for college, getting ready for trip to Ocean Grove.

I am so happy that I am finally getting good tomatoes!! This is the first time in several years that we got ANY! And now we got plenty! This makes me smile. Oh yeah, there are also a ton of cayenne peppers that are turning red! woo-hoo!! Watch out mamma!


Football preseason is upon us. Can’t believe it has arrived.

1 comment:

Kyle said...

It's too bad I'm not in charge of the court system; I'd straighten some people out. :)