Friday, August 28, 2015

quiet please, musician at work

Ever since I brought my mixer and fancy recording mic back from Michigan I have been having the best time.  I had to drag a couple of little tables back in from the garage to set things up.  As you know, I got a couple of songs recorded.  This week I tried to record some djembe on Tears Don't Come.  My rhythm was actually way better than I ever imagined it would be, but still my drum pattern was not the best for my song, according to Ryan.  So I am hoping that he will lay down a nice drum track for his dear sweet mom.

I finally got all my songs picked out for our church camping trip, even though it was a challenge narrowing them down.  I've been having an absolute blast with this project.  So many songs to run through trying to pick good ones.  It's going to be a very fun time.

my little music corner
Darryl and I have just cleaned out both boys bedrooms.  Half of the stuff is now in our living room, and the other half is in the garage.  It's probably a very good thing that we don't have anyone coming to see the house right now.  We have a U-Pack trailer coming to take the stuff away next weekend.  The following weekend after that we begin open houses again.  Yeah, and that's when the house has to be clean again!

So while we were cleaning out Ryan's room, I found a backpack filled with Chord sheets.  What a glorious find!!  I have spent the last couple of days learning new gems that I had never played before, but they are great songs that would be familiar to folks, so I'm super excited to have found them and have added a few of them to my camp song list.   I'm going to have to pick up all that music on the floor, but for now I'm just basking in all these new songs and enjoying the learning process!   I feel like my brain has gone into some other new gear with my guitar playing.  It sometimes feels like there is this little guitar gremlin inside me that just takes over... haha...it is quite fabulous.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I, too, believe there is a guitar gremlin in you AND HE WON'T STOP playing! I like where you are headed...

Unknown said...

Hahaha... This is an awesome post. So much fun, so much music, so much mess... Haha. Creativity at work!