Tuesday, September 1, 2015

weird and wonderful


Yes it is weird to me, to think that my baby is getting married in under a year.  And it is also wonderful because I know he is happy, and he is marrying a wonderful, loving woman who adores him.

Life is full of changes.  This is a big one.  This really does change everything.   My son will have his own family to care for.  From here on out, we will become the outsiders, his secondary concern.  That will be a difficult transition for someone like me.  I hope I handle it well.  I want to be a super great mother-in-law.

Hilary will be a lovely addition to our family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are going to be an amazing mother-in-law because you are already so amazing and excepting of me.... lol... but really... I was surfing around though some of the blogs I haven't seen... and I saw this one!!!
What a weird and wonderful change it will be... I have been thinking a lot about what it would be like, like you mentioned in your post about Kyles primary concern shifting, and what that would be like from your shoes... I know it must be hard in a way that I can not understand because I am not a mother. But thank for sharing him and raising him to be the godly man he is today... Love you