Monday, September 28, 2015

so many blessings!

Me, Jake, Darryl
cutting the cake

food! 





lots of fun and laughter
worship and prayer

We had such a lovely time at Darryl's farewell bash.  What a great group of musicians!  There was way too much food.  Lots of friends there sharing memories, and expressing their appreciation for all the years of Darryl's service on the worship team.  After a time of food and fellowship we gathered around the fire for worship and blessings.  Kenny did an extraordinary job of leading it!  It was wonderful, as folks would speak blessings to us for our future.  One person (Mike D.) even spoke one directly for me, for my music ministry.  He knows I have written some songs and how hard I have been working on guitar and singing.  It meant so much to me, I cried... because I was technically the "outsider", but he included me in such a personal and meaningful way.   I will always remember how kind he was to come to my house that one time to help me with my strumming.

There were many other blessings spoken to us, many tears, and lots of laughs too.  What an amazing night we had.  So memorable.  Everyone was so loving and encouraging.  I know the hardest thing about moving to Michigan for Darryl will be leaving all those wonderful musicians that he has grown so close to.  To be honest, it's hard for me not to envy that.  But God's ways are good and perfect, and if it's His will, some day I will belong to a wonderful worship team.

Speaking of worship teams, Ryan invited us to his next praise band party while we are in Michigan.  It will super nice to hang out with all the Frontline folks for the evening and be included in the teaching and fellowship.   Darryl and I are both looking forward to that!

No comments: