Friday, September 25, 2015

our final Collyde

Theme of the conference: Eph. 3:20
Darryl and I loved our time at Collyde Summit this year.  We both agreed that the speakers were even better than last year.  Top notch, and so worthwhile spending a day there learning more about worship leading!  

Wade Joye
Wade Joye is the Worship Pastor at Elevation.  He was my favorite speaker.  He said so many good things, that I wish I could just take what he knows and implant it into my brain.  What an awesome and humble guy!  I wish all worship leaders could pick his brain.

I got a kick out of the fact that the Worship and Creative Arts Track took place in the room where I had camped out with Samaritan's Purse when they were stationed in Wayne a few years ago.  Brought back all kinds of memories for me.

Empanada Guy from Food Network
Yep, the Empanada Guy was there, but we never actually bought anything from him.

Matt Hammitt
me and Matt
Matt Hammitt is the lead singer/ song writer for Sanctus Real.  He is finishing up his last year with the band after like 17 years or something like that.  He was another super great speaker.  So much knowledge and experience.  Again, a super humble man.

Matt did a concert in the evening
one of the Shane's tuning his guitar
Shane and Shane
Shane and Shane led worship at all of the main sessions.  I have to say, they were superb!  We just loved them.  So much talent... so much passion for Jesus.   What an honor it was to sing with them.

beautiful voices, beautiful harmonies

Ben, Isaac, Samuel
We were super blessed to have dinner with the Records and the Kempers.  Too bad I didn't get any more pictures!  It was a most enjoyable day and a very fun evening.

No comments: