Thursday, October 8, 2015

Art Prize 2015

Adam
Petoskey Stone 

Bunnies
I am the butterfly
animals in cages
car art
Troll bridge (trash to treasure)
Kyle and Hil, Seasons
flamingoes
fingerprints
flamingoes
Ascension
Unbridled (Darryl said this reminds him of me)
free falling
Eagle
sand sculpture
why so serious?
lost in the maze
me and Kav
pioneers
Roo and DJ
Reach and Splash
the maze
tic tac toe
weird guy
Wood Waterfall - Amos 5:24
zebras
Here are some random shots of Art Prize from both days that we went.  I feel like there weren't as many exhibits this year, and they were also more spread out through the city, which meant a lot more walking.   I'm thinking they wanted to have people keep coming back and spending money on parking and food more than just on one day to be able to see more of it.  I liked the way they did it last year better.   But still it was a a lot of fun, and a cool thing to do at night.  Grand Rapids is such a great city.  We really like it here.  We never do things in NJ.  There is so much to do here.   There are always people singing downtown, and there was an open mic, and people hanging around doing stuff.  Just a really super cool place to be, without traffic, and only about 10 minutes from our home.  The boys ran into people that they knew, which I think is pretty common.

It's also really cool that when I watch the local news and weather, they literally are talking about my local area.   It's not like hearing news in NY while I'm in NJ.

Been so sweet to be here.  Tomorrow is the praise band party at our house.  So looking forward to it, and getting to know the others who are in the ministry.  Will be a nice time of fellowship and learning.

No comments: