Thursday, October 15, 2015

last minute Michigan memories

this was our last lunch together before the tears started flowing
Kyle's room
 The purpose of this photo is to remind me how we left the room after his big make-over.  I am disappointed that I forgot to get a picture of Ryan's room.  The only reason is because I didn't think to take pictures when I said goodbye to the basement.

saying goodbye to the new glider on the deck
goodbye my Music room, not to be confused with Ryan's studio
goodbye to my beautiful rose
We had a very busy week in Michigan.  It's so different there.  We were so busy, literally every day.  Going places, doing things...got a lot of work done.  Got to visit with people.  Had a wonderful praise band party, and forgot to take pictures.  Unfortunately, I had no opportunities to sing with Ryan the whole week.

It was ridiculously sad for me to leave.  But here I am back in NJ and living the life.   I think our Kids Club at church is going really well this year.  The 2 weeks that I have been there have been nice, as I'm having a little freedom with the songs.  I'm hoping to get as much experience as I can.  It's absolutely impossible to "get experience" if no one gives you the opportunity to "get experience."  I mean, seriously...  So, if doing Kids Club is where God can use me in this season of my life, it's where I will do my best until He moves me.  And frankly, at this point in my life, maybe there are literally no other opportunities coming my way.  Somehow, God will have to make me OK with that.  I am beginning to think my only purpose in life is to make other people's lives better.   That seems to be what God uses me for.

Today I recorded one of my favorite songs.  Don't ask me how many favorites I have because there are too many.  I really want to record more songs because it forces me to listen to my voice and see where it needs improvement.  If I don't record myself then I can't hear what others hear.  So, this is good for me.

I haven't really been praying that our house in NJ would sell quickly.  I've had this attitude all along that God would just do whatever He wants, in His own good timing.  I'm afraid to pray.  I have no idea what His will is.  What if I storm the gates of heaven with a prayer request only to be granted it at the wrong time?  But yesterday I did pray that it would hurry up and sell...only to regret that prayer.  Prayer is so confusing to me.  How can I ask God for something when I don't know what the right thing is?  Maybe there is a reason He wants me to stay here for a teeny bit longer?  How do I know?  Having access to the Throne Room of God can be a scary opportunity.

No comments: