Sunday, August 9, 2015

Our first Wyoming party!











A group of Ryan's friends came over for a party last night.  The first person arrived at 5:30, and the last person left around midnight.  It was such a great time!  There was lots of food and laughter, games and singing.  Lots of talented musicians = wonderful time of worship.  I was given the opportunity to lead several songs, and it was a great experience.  One of the fabulous worship leaders from Res Life told me I have a "beautiful voice".   I got good compliments on my guitar playing too!  It was so exciting.  Ryan told me I did a great job!  Man, I sure needed a night like last night.  It is so wonderful and encouraging to be around kind and generous musicians who take the time to appreciate others.   That's something that just does not happen in New Jersey!  No wonder my confidences wanes when I'm there.  People do perform better when they have been given good words to lean on for strength.  I'm so thankful for the friends who were here.

We ran out yesterday and bought a fabulous fire pit and some chairs.  It was like being in a park or campground or something, with the fire, and the waterfall gurgling, and marshmallows toasting, and people singing and worshiping...

All around a wonderful party!

No comments: