Saturday, September 27, 2014

it's nice to help others




Today while at Walmart we heard someone trying to start their car and by the sound we knew the engine was destroyed.  We saw smoke and went over to see if we could help.  There was a man sitting in the car, and the car was filled with smoke and fumes.  He was barely coherent, so we knew something was really wrong.  After quite a long time and making some phone calls on his phone we were able to contact his son who told us to call an ambulance.  When the cops came, they figured out that the man was having a diabetic/insulin problem.  We were happy to see him get some help.  Poor man couldn't drive anywhere because his car engine was fried and he couldn't think straight to even complete a sentence, and his legs were all bound up with bandages.  I don't know anything about diabetes, but that sure was a sad situation.  Thanked God we were there to help him!


Darryl bought me this really cool microphone shield for my new fancy mic.  It's outrageous!  We were all set up to record today but ran into a bit of technical problems that he needs to figure out.  At least we got a good recording of my guitar.  When we finally get it working correctly we will try again to record my vocals.  It so freaking cool.  We are going to add some percussion, and possibly some harmony, and whatever else to make it super sweet.  I'm so thankful that my husband invests in my talent.  It's awesome to know he believes in me...and not just because he's my husband.


He got me a cool mixer and a new mic with a pop filter.  So profesh...


Here's my new recording set-up.  Awesome!!  Can't wait to have a finished product.


On the phone picking Ryan's brain... haha.


The first song we are recording is my congregational song.  It's gonna be great!

It's super nice to help others!  It's also really meaningful when others help me or do something nice for me.  It doesn't happen very often, so that makes it all the more special when someone does.

No comments: