Wednesday, September 17, 2014

one potato

my first potato!
Yes, it is a potato...that I grew in my garden!  How cool is that?  I just love this.  I took some rotten potatoes and threw them in my compost over the summer and they started growing, so I planted them in my garden, and now I'm getting potatoes.  I'm so excited.  So, yeah, I cooked it and I'm showing a picture of it here to show my husband what he missed for supper tonight.  awww, sorry... but it was DELICIOUS.  Just one little potato, but it tasted so good.  I can't wait to see how many more are out there!  (funny how stubby and flattened my fingertips look after playing guitar for a year!)

crock pot chicken with carrots...and 1 potato... hehe


And this is one of the rascally deer that is demolishing my garden.  I'm glad the potatoes are safe under ground!  They are eating all my nice new plants around the pool too.  Little boogers.


deer in my garden :(

Well, a week from today CBC starts.  I'm gearing up... practicing songs on my guitar.  Gee, I better get hustling, huh?

No comments: