Saturday, July 19, 2014

the end of the Vegh tour (at least for this summer)

our last open mic at Caffe A La Mode
 Here are some videos from tonight's open mic:

Dance With Me


Ever So Gently


Speak Your Word


Temptation Song


We had such an awesome and fun time tonight.  We received so many wonderful compliments on our voices, harmonies, and song choices it was absolutely overwhelming.  I can't even remember all the great words.  It was the best way to end our open mic season with the boys.  This was definitely a positive and joyful experience for all of us.

Last night we sang at The Canal House.  Our adopted son, Joshie was with us.  It is so much different singing at a place where nobody is paying much attention, than playing at a place where you are being cheered on by experienced musicians.   I tend to like the latter.  Regardless, we had a fun time both nights.
After our last open mic at the Canal House

our last night with Joshie
This is the video of our night at The Canal House.  Instead of separate videos for each song, it's just one big long one.
(see below for list of songs)


first- 10,000 Reasons
4:40 Love Came Down
8:43 People Are People
12:43 Here Goes Nothing
16:40 Ever So Gently
21:52 I'll Fly Away

We've really enjoyed these couple of weeks of singing publicly.  I know it has encouraged Ryan to get out there more and do stuff like this.  He is looking forward to doing more of it in Michigan.  I'm certainly happy and thrilled for this experience for myself as well.  I finally felt more relaxed and comfortable tonight.  Of course part of that comes from being around people who are welcoming, supportive, and encouraging.  It is a brilliant atmosphere for growth and confidence.

Psalm 104:33New King James Version (NKJV)

 I will sing to the Lord as long as I live;
I will sing praise to my God while I have my being.

No comments: