Monday, July 7, 2014

Josh and some baby birds

Josh has been here for a couple weeks, and it's like having another son.  We've all enjoyed having him here.  Here are some pictures of our time together so far.  

smores by the fire




Mexican Restaurant
Happy Josh - Visit from Leah
Ryan doing yard work
Kyle, yard work 
Happy Kyle - new djembe
Happy Ryan playing and singing
3 happy guys at 4th of July fireworks in Denville
plus mom
boom
Silly Ryan, while we put carpet on the deck.
selfie of me on my hammock
Kyle and Josh
Ryan and Kyle
This is a momma bird feeding her babies.  You can see their heads popped up.
When they were little, squeaking for food.
Today they are bigger, almost ready to fly away.
The summer is almost over, and the boys will be heading back to Michigan before we know it.  I try not to think about it, because if I do, I'll get tears in my eyes.  I don't know how life will go.  It's all a mystery.  If you know me at all, you know I like to plan things in advance.  I'm not real big on surprises.  I always want to know what's coming, what to expect.  I like to take care of all the details, so I won't be caught off guard or unprepared.  All this "unknown" stuff creeping up on my life is really creeping me out.

Next up on my calendar, open mic tomorrow.  Then possibly seeing Beach Boys in Ocean Grove.  Then I guess VBS.  It all comes so fast.  Slow down summer....  my life is slipping away.

No comments: