Friday, October 4, 2013

1 month progress report

I have been plunking away on my guitar for several weeks now so Darryl suggested recording where I'm at now, and then doing it again in another 4 weeks to make a comparison. Hopefully I will be hugely better than these videos! They aren't great by any stretch of the imagination. In fact, they are kinda funny. Whoever said it was harder to sing while playing was absolutely right. But hey, whatever. I'm still a newb. I have tons to learn.

(I was using Ryan's old classical Fender for these.  :))

I just started learning this song yesterday.


First time for this one.


Second try for this one.


On a more positive note. John said both of my guitars are coming along just fine. I'm so super excited about getting them back. Especially Ryan's Ibanez!!

Let's see. So tonight I got invited to go with Darryl to a Hillsong conference in NYC tomorrow. It sounds pretty spectacular, but I'm not sure what I'm doing yet.

Also got invited to a Master Class with Craig Deuchar, a Brett Manning Associate from London. Ryan said it's going to be awesome. Absolutely can't wait!!  I'm also having my next lesson with him instead of Zuke.  Cool.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My love,

I'm so proud of you and your dedication to learn guitar (and sing at the same time). What a goal! You have made amazing progress so far. Keep going...

DJ