Saturday, September 28, 2013

a Soprano?

Zuke's back yard
I had my first official lesson with Zuke this week.  I also met her famous Rolling Stones husband, which was really cool.   The lesson was good.  She discovered and told me that I am a Soprano.  Yeah, a real shocker!  Not what I was expecting, or even hoping for.  But that's not the most shocking part.  She told me I went all the way up to a G6 which is just above where high opera singers go... and get this, hold onto your hat for this one because you will be blown away, she told me I am up in the Mariah Carey whistle tone area.  Yeah...she said it was "crazy".  She said I went up higher than she does.  I am still trying to digest all of the things she said.  I am so glad I am recording our sessions otherwise I'd think I dreamt that.   She said I need to start thinking of myself differently and thinking of the songs I choose differently.  Yeah for real, this would open a whole new world for me.  Darryl now has the added enjoyment of having me go around the house singing like a Soprano instead how I would normally sing.  haha.. it has been so cool to see what I can do, where I can go.  It will take me awhile to learn to sing properly with this new knowledge.  And that's fine.  I'm not in any hurry.  I need to rediscover who I am.

I've been having an absolute blast learning guitar.  Fingers are sore a lot of the time but I can't stop doing it!  I'm so psyched about possibly getting a new guitar in a few months.  I have sooo much to learn, I just can't learn it fast enough!

So, let's see.  Last night we had Russ and Robin, and Craig and Julie and their kids over for supper to officially break in the new kitchen.  It was a really fun night.  It was good to get together with people because it sure doesn't happen very often.  I hope everyone liked the food... I cooked really huge steaks.  Craig tried to give me some guitar tips, but I'm not sure I understand them yet.  I'm so glad Craig and Russ could come see their finished project.

CBC started this week.  I hope it goes better than last year.  I'm so trying to have the right attitude for it.

No comments: