Friday, September 20, 2013

Zuke to the rescue


Singing and playing guitar. 

My favorite things to do.  I also had a lot of fun playing piano tonight.  I love it when sounds come together into a beautiful melody.  There's just something about creating music that is so satisfying.  And then to put words and voice to it is another whole means of expression.  Words can grip the heart...can make us cry.  As well, they can bring us joy, and smiles.  To be a part of that creation is just so wonderful.

I began taking lessons from a vocal coach this week.  It was so much fun, and so encouraging!  ZUKE is a Brett Manning Associate (Singing  Success).  I could not have found a more perfect fit for a coach for me.  I'm looking forward to going back to her home again next week if possible.  She lives on the lake in West Milford.  Her husband Kent Smith played trumpet for the Rolling Stones for about 17 years.

I decided to move all of my music equipment to the living room so the dining room could be cleared for company next week.  And I think I actually like it more now because I have that whole room to myself.  And the desk is there so when I start working on CBC books I can take a break and play some tunes on my guitar or keyboard.  I am loving this new adventure so much.  My fingertips have developed some nice calluses now so I am able to play for a good length of time.  Today I played and sang the chorus of Christ Is Enough and Darryl was like "woohooo!" because he could totally tell what song it was, and it sounded pretty decent.  I'm also working on a few other songs.  It'll be so awesome to be able to achieve true SINGING SUCCESS!!

"gobble, gobble"


No comments: