Sunday, October 27, 2013

About singing....

....I am feeling so inferior and inadequate lately.  I feel like I'm not getting any better at singing, and I'm getting discouraged.  Today during the sermon, Pastor Karl said, "If God calls you, He will equip you."

Since my mentality was on singing, I took that to mean that if God called me to sing, I'd be getting really good.  I've been doing at home lessons for over a year, and taken 4 voice lessons so far.  I practice a lot, and I still pretty much suck at singing.  So, it made me think that maybe God never called me to sing in the first place, and I'm just spinning my wheels working on something I'll never be good at.  I don't want to waste Darryl's money.  I don't want to embarrass my boys by getting up there and doing a terrible job like I did last time.  I don't want to have the people shuddering and wanting to turn my mic off like last time.  I'm so scared, it's ridiculous.  Why would I want to put myself through that again?  It was one of the most mortifying days of my life, and I'm sure my boys don't ever want to be put in that position again either.  

I only have a few more lessons before I would be singing at church.  Oh God, what am I going to do?  Am I crazy?!!?  Why did I ever think I could sing anyway?  ugh... And it's not like a picked an easy song!  Ugh!

Ok, so today we "appreciated" our pastor.  That was nice.

Joe and Pastor Karl
Ryan and April
And here's another picture of the wild and crazy OFFICIAL couple, Ryan and April.  I kinda hope Ryan gets his hair cut soon...

On Wednesday at CBC we are having the kids dress as Bible characters.  I picked who I am going to be.  I think tomorrow I will make my costume.  I'll give you a clue> PURPLE.

Darryl was trying out his new phone and took this.


No comments: