Saturday, October 12, 2013

Harvest Fest

Darryl and I went to the Harvest Fest at Grace Church today.  It was nice, and a little awkward, as usual, seeing folks I used to be "friends" with.  Some of them came over and hugged me with big smiles and real concern.  Others walked past and avoided eye contact.  But Kenny talked to me and he really made my day.  He said he didn't think that most people could just pick up the guitar and learn to play, but he said I have the determination to do it and he thinks I can do it.   I forget his exact words, but man, it sure was nice to grab ahold of a little nugget of encouraging and positive words from someone like him.  It made me smile all the way home.

I'm so glad that I have music in my life right now.  I don't know how I would get through my days without it.  It's the glue that is holding me together.  I think without this outlet for my energy and emotions I would fall apart daily missing my boys.  It's a much harder transition than I ever thought.  Sometimes I feel like I'm going through this intensely slow surgery that cuts away a little piece of my heart each day.  Being a stay-at-home mom and being with my boys was the best thing I ever did with my life.  The growing distance between us now is hard to get used to.  I know in time it will be ok, I just don't know when that will be.

Tomorrow is our 3 hour Master Class with Craig Deuchar!!  So psyched about it.  Darryl and I are going to Grace church in Rockaway because he is leading worship, and then we are headed to the class.  It is going to be super amazing...

No comments: